Friday, January 24, 2014

Spelling Bee, MLK, and an Awesome Craft...

This week was all about Martin Luther King, Jr.  With a day off on Monday, the rest of the week was quiet busy.  We finished out MLK unit and the students published some amazing All About MLK Reports.  I just love how much they have grown in their writing and how creative they are becoming. We also created the MOST ADORABLE craft!   They turned out so awesome and look great in the classroom. 

It was also District Spelling Bee Time.  I found a cute cup idea for Valentine's Day on Pinterest so I thought I would change it for our spelling bee.  They turned out so cute and the participants loved them. Don't you just love Pinterest?!  I don't know what I did before it :) Our District Bee was for 4th-6th grade.  

I bought the cups and straws at Smart and Final.  I created the Bee Tags. 



Our MLK Reports. You can find the MLK writing paper on my TPT Store for FREE!!
These are the resources we used for our MLK Reports.  You can find the Mini Book on my TPT Store and the MLK Facts Organizer is a writing bundle FREEBIE on my TPT Store.  You can Find the MLK Was, Has, and Wanted Organizer from What the Teacher Wants TPT Store.  


How cute is this craft?! This craft is from Teacher to the Core's TPT Store. 

These are all of the MLK crafts hanging in my room.  I have to say they turned out so cute!


Stay tuned to see what we do next week... 



No comments:

Post a Comment