Tuesday, February 18, 2014

G.W., Soaring for Gold, and Sweets...

What can I say, it's Tuesday and I'm just blogging about last week. I feel like I'm just catching up on rest.  Last week was so much fun.  It was very busy since it was only a 4 day week. Here is some highlights from our crazy Valentine's Day week...

Our school had a PBIS Door Contest.  The theme for this month is respect.  We decided to do an olympic theme.  Each student created a gold medal and wrote how they show respect. I must say they did an amazing job! Although we didn't win it does look very cute!



Next we learned all about George Washington.  My students' loved this interactive mini book.  After we learned all about George Washington we created a craft to go along with some G.W. facts.  






Finally, we had our Valentine's Day party.  I don't know about you but I feel that Valentine's Day should be a school holiday.  There is no use in even trying to teach.  As soon as I turned the corner in the morning I had about 5 students lined up at my door very excited to see me and even more excited about the party.  And this was at 7:30 am! You can only imagine what the rest of the day was like :)  I did enjoy putting together their Valentine Frappuccino cups!  They were so easy and the kids loved them.  During our party the kids dumped their items from their cup into their V-Day bag and they all wanted to fill the cups up with water.  There was not one cup that was left or thrown away. Oh it's the little things that they love... 




2 comments:

  1. Love your valentine fraps! I love how you used pencils for straws! Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This is my new fav for creating treats. They are so easy!

    ReplyDelete