Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Seuss-tastic Week

On Monday we celebrated Read Across America.   As you know this is when we recognizer Dr. Seuss' birthday.  It was so much fun. 

You can't celebrate a birthday without some cupcakes and birthday hats, so we made sure we had both! 



You have to love Target! I found the Dr. Seuss pencils and bookmarks there in the dollar section. 



We had a special visitor this week.  Coach Randall from Washington Union High School came to read to our class.  Since it was Read Across America Week, it was only fitting that he read a book by Dr. Seuss.  He read The Cat and the Hat.  It was so cute and the students' loved being read to by someone other than me. I have to admit, it was nice to sit for 10 minutes and just relax while someone else was in charge. 


Finally, we finished our class book for Young Authors' Fair.  Our book title is, We Took a Trip to Outer Space.  It is a rhyming book (or I should say it was supposed to be a rhyming book lol).  They did a good job and it really is cute.  I have some talented artists in my class. 


Stay tuned to hear about our upcoming week... 

No comments:

Post a Comment