Friday, February 13, 2015

100th Day, When I'm 100, and Valentine's Day

We celebrated our 100th Day of School on Tuesday.  We had a blast.  I decided to create a photo booth for my students.  I had this idea of buying fabric for the backdrop but when I went to Joann's I couldn't find anything I loved.  I decided to turn to my right hand man, Pinterest! I found the most amazing idea of creating a rainbow backdrop using plastic table covers.  So off to Walmart I went.  Each table cover was only 97 cents!! I was pretty excited.  

Here is a picture of my living room while making the backdrop. 


Here is the final product.  I was so excited and very much in love. I couldn't wait to get to school.  



I also made them some 100th Day Smarter cookies.  I created the template.  I will be adding it to my TPT Store as a Freebie.  


The students worked on a 100th Day of School packet that I created.  You can find it by clicking on the image for only $2.00.



When the students walked in they were pretty excited.  They all wanted to know what the backdrop was for.  They really loved taking pictures. 



Of course us teachers had to take some 100th day photos.  Have I told you how much I just adore my co-workers.  They really do ROCK. 




In honor of the 100th Day of School we decided to write about, When I'm 100.  My co-worker Kristen, did this last year with her kindergarten class and they were so adorable. Their ideas about being 100 are pretty hilarious.  I used a writing template from Briana Hawks.  It's a Freebie on TPT! This was a great guide for my students.  

Okay, so the final product was so stinkin' CUTE!!! I don't know if I'm going to want to take these little ol' guys down.  







We also celebrated Valentine's Day today. For our parent gifts I decided to stick with the photo booth theme.  I bought some cute fabric that was on sale at Joann's and used it as a backdrop.  I also used some cute Melonheadz Clips as props.  They turned out really cute. 


I made my students some popcorn cups and goodie bags.  They really enjoyed them. I bought the cups and popcorn from Dollar Tree.  The cups are 2 for a Dollar.  I used graphics from Melonheadz Illustrating and Whimsy Clips.  




Needless to say I am pretty tired but very glad it is a 3 day weekend!!! Hope you enjoy your weekend and check back next week to see what were are doing for President's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment