Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Made it... Back to School and I Teach 1st Conference

Oh how I love Monday's.  I just love linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made it.  



I've been working on back to school items.  This week I made my back to school signs and sign up sheets.  My goal is to buy wooden frames from Dollar Tree and spray paint them.  These signs will be posted when parents walk-in.  



SDE 2015 Las Vegas Trip

My teacher bestie, Jamie and I, just got back from the I Teach 1st Conference in Las Vegas.  I met so many wonderful teachers and bloggers. I had sessions with Reagan Tunstall, Cara Carroll, Miss DeCarbo, Jodi Southard, Jen Jones, and Faith Wheeler.







I learned so many wonderful strategies.  I can't wait for the start of the school year! 






The wonderful GoNoodle had a booth along with The Kindergarten Smorgasboard.  You know we had to take pictures :)








On Wednesday, we attended the #2015VegasMeetUp.  There were over 1,000 teachers/bloggers in attendance. They gave each teacher/blogger a GoNoodle swag bag full of fun free items.






It was AMAZING! They handed out over $55,000 worth of prizes and guess WHAT?! I WON!!! I won an Animation Kit Cam and a School Site License.  I can't wait to try it out with my kiddos.  






Oh, did I mention I got to meet all my favorite teacher bloggers.  There were so many that I didn't get to meet but there will be a next time.  


Greg from The Kindergarten Smorgasboard


Miss Giraffe's Class


Reagan Tunstall from Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits


Cara Carroll from The First Grade Parade

There was an awesome GoNoodle photo booth. Jamie and I just couldn't pass up a photo booth session. When I look at the pictures it's hard not to laugh! They are pretty funny. We had a blast. 








When you're in Vegas you have to enjoy the pool and the food.  That's exactly what Jamie and I did.  We stayed at the lovely Venetian Hotel.  











We waited in line for about an hour to try dessert from Carlo's Bake Shop (you know, that guy from Cake Boss)!  I had to try a cannoli since I've never had one and that's what he's known for.  It was tasty!!







One night we walked down to the Bellagio to see the water show.  I've never seen it.  It was absolutely stunning! 






Vegas was a blast but it's nice to be home.  

Check back next week to see what's new.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I was just in Vegas a few weeks ago for fun, so I love seeing your pics. GoNoodle is one of our favorite websites in my class, glad that you got some awesome swag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! Yes, isn't GoNoodle just awesome :) Especially on those rainy days when the kiddos don't get to go outside?! Thank you for dropping by :)

      Delete
  2. So fun! I hope I can attend next year! Looks like it was a blast! http://mrsjimison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can attend again next year. It was so much fun and I learned so many things. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hate that I didn't get to see you in Vegas! Looks like you had a great time!! =)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your back to school night stuff looks great!

    Glad you had a fun time in Vegas :)

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete