Sunday, December 13, 2015

Winter Festivities and a Freebie

Room 13 has been very busy! We only have 5 more days until winter break (not that I'm counting or anything).  

I am on the Winter Program Committee along with two of my teacher besties.   This year we decided to host Pictures with Santa as a fundraiser.  This was such an amazing experience.  So many of our students took pictures with Santa.  Our Santa and photographer were pretty amazing! 


We learned all about Reindeer and wrote an informative piece.  I've really been into directed drawings so I decided to do one for our reindeer writing. This directed drawing is from ARTventurous.  I just love how different and cute their drawings turned out.




This past week we wrote an opinion piece about Santa's Favorite Cookie.  My teacher bestie, Jamie, has the most adorable Santa craft that goes along with the opinion piece.  This was the first time I've let them cut all their own pieces.  I'm going to be honest, I was very nervous.  This OCD teacher likes nice straight cut lines.  I'm so happy I let them cut their own pieces.  They did amazing and they loved cutting their craft :)  What do you think?!


In preparing for this week I created, Do you want to Build a Snowman? goodie pack.  I just love this and it's so easy to put together. All you need is 3 pretzel sticks, 2 brown mini M&M's, 3 colored mini M&M's, 3 marshmallows, and 1 candy corn.  They can build their own little editable snowman.  Here's your free template {Click Here}


I found these amazing customizable holiday tags on Pinterest.  There are so many different options and colors you can choose from.  {Click Here} to get your own.



This time of year is my favorite! I'm one of those people that puts my Christmas tree up right after Thanksgiving.  This year I decided to do something a little different.  I found the most amazing paper that says, Happy Holidays, in a script font.  I am obsessed with the paper.  This is by far my favorite tree.  



That's all for tonight. It's time to get ready for tomorrow and my last week of school before winter break.  Hope you all have an amazing week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment